Bluetooth is a kind of wireless technology that is used to create personal networks and operates in 2.4 GHz unlicensed band within a distance of 10meters. Bluetooth offers higher level service outlines like as the FTP servers, voice transport, file pushing, serial line emulation and many more. Nowadays, Bluetooth technology is widely used around the world and changes the way to use machines.
Bluetooth works through a radio technology termed as frequency-hopping spread spectrum that split the data for being sent and transmit. It is a kind of packet based protocol with the master-slave structure. One master may communicate up to seven slaves at a time within a piconet and all devices will share the master’s clock as well. The exchange of packet is centered on the basic clock that is defined by the master. Whatever the packet size is the master transmits will initiate in the even slots, and the slave transmits in the odd slots as well.
Bluetooth offers a secure way to exchange information and connect devices like as mobile phones, printers, telephones, faxes, laptops, GPS receivers, the video game consoles, digital cameras and personal computers as well.
Bluetooth specifications are licensed and developed by the SIG (Bluetooth Special Interest Group). There are more than 13,000 companies from the areas of networking, computing, telecommunication, and consumer electronics under the Bluetooth SIG. If a device is considered to be marketed as the Bluetooth device, it must have to meet the standards defined by the SIG.
To adapt with the Bluetooth technology, the device has to be capable of interpreting specific Bluetooth profiles that are defined by the possible applications and indicate the behaviors that a Bluetooth enabled device use to communicate with another Bluetooth device. There is a wide range of applications of Bluetooth technology. Followings are some applications of Bluetooth technology:
· Communication and the wireless control between a hands-free headset and a mobile phone was the first application of Bluetooth technology that got huge popularity around the world.
· Wireless networking among the PCs within a narrow space, where little bandwidth is needed.
· Wireless communication with the input and output devices of the computers like as the keyboard, mouse and printer as well.
· Substitution of the conventional wired serial communications in GPS receivers, test equipments, medical equipments, traffic control devices and bar code scanners as well.
· In the low bandwidth applications where a higher USB bandwidth is not necessary as well as a cable free connection is required.
· For the establishment of wireless channel between two industrial Ethernet networks.
· A good number of play stations uses Bluetooth technology for their wireless controllers.
· Dial up Internet connection on the personal computers.
Besides these, there are still lots of applications that use Bluetooth technology for respective purposes. Now, People are using this technology very frequently by knowing about this or not. It will not be excess if I say it as a gift of modern technology, I think I am not.